Sunday, May 01, 2005

Smitten Kitten

It's been a long, long time since I've had a crush but I'm here to tell you that I've got one now.

And it's bad.

I've known this guy for several years but lately, the crush has gotten worse. And the strange thing is anyone who knows me would not guess that I'd be crushing on this guy the way that I am currently crushing on him. Bad. First of all, he's roughly 12 years older than me and while I don't have anything against older men, I just can't see myself with one. Second, he's blond. Not since 8th grade have I had a blond boyfriend. Third, he's divorced. Again, not a character flaw but I just never saw myself with someone who had an ex-wife. Forth, his job. After the last boyfriend, I made a vow to steer clear of men in that line of work. You add all these up and clearly, he's wrong for me. So why is it that I like him so?

1) He's got the quickest wit of any man I've ever met.
2) He calls me on my shit when I dish it out.
3) He smells like soap and laundry detergent.
4) He has a great smile.
5) He has beautiful hands.

Of all the men I've met in my life, those who intimidated me were few and far between. I'm all shades of intimidated by him. I'm not really sure why but I get nervous around him and I'm quite certain if anything were ever to happen it would be like leading a lamb to the slaughter. Me being the lamb, of course.

Never before has a lamb gone so willingly to the slaughter...

5 comments:

Amber said...

Um, I'm a little offended that this entry didn't contain any of the SAGE ADVICE I gave you today. Namely, throw caution to the wind and get on that horse. The glass is NOT half empty. You'll never know until you try. And many other tried and true cliches involving you taking a worthy risk. If you won't take my advice, listen to the wisdom of Ice Cube "Do it do it do it..."
Love to love you baby! The horse calls! Turn "neigh" into "yay!" Somebody stop me.

Amber said...

Oh and by the way -- if the Pastel Ranger can go into Ann Taylor and not buy anything from the spring line, YOU can hook it up with Hottie McCrusherson. Remember, you can count the guys you've hooked up with from work on one hand...

BB said...

Cha cha cha! Carpe Babum!

P.S. Call me to dish properly!

Beth said...

I am shocked - SHOCKED! - that you are crushing on a guy at work....
Caution to the wind aside, how often do you see this guy at work (just curious how often your paths cross in case things get romantical). Would it be, "Pookie? When is my review again?" or "Honeybunch, I hardly saw you today since you were at the other building!"?
At my firm, two couples have dated and then gotten hitched. It's cute when they go to lunch together and stuff.

KC said...

Lamb - 1
Slaughter - 0