Thanks to Kate for giving me something to post…because I’ve been too damn busy to do anything original.
Five weirdo things about me:
1. I can’t touch terra cotta. This doesn’t mean that I don’t like to touch terra cotta, it means I actually cannot touch it without freaking out. I don’t remember having any kind of horrible terra cotta incident in my childhood which would explain the aforementioned phobia so I don’t really know why it freaks me out. Chalk has the same effect on me. Not chalk boards, just chalk.
2. I can’t stand chocolate. I don’t like the smell, taste or texture. The smell of really rich chocolate actually makes me a little queasy. Here’s where it get more odd – One of my favorite treats in the ENTIRE WORLD is a frozen Snickers bar. Can’t explain that at all.
3. I have to have the toilet paper roll pointing down. I’m certain most of you are scratching your heads so I’ll explain. The toilet paper on the roll should be coming up and over the roll rather than hanging in the back. Basically, I like the toilet paper roll to be going in a clockwise direction. If I’m in someone’s bathroom and it’s the other way, I will change it. I’m the toilet paper bandit. (P.S. I’ve never told anyone that before and just rereading, I feel like a FREAK.)
4. No one is allowed to touch my neck. Becki used to torture me by putting just one finger on my neck and I would lose my mind. When I was younger I had a nightmare that someone slashed my throat and ever since then, I can’t have people touching my neck. It’s a no-fly zone, if you will. Kissing the neck is ok (and with certain individuals, encouraged) but no hands are allowed during the kissing of the neck. This could also explain my love of turtlenecks.
5. My clothes are all organized in a very specific system. My closet is done like so: work/play; fancy/not-so-fancy; clothes that fit/clothes that will never fit again but I keep them because I want to believe they will fit again. They are sectioned off that way and then in order by color. My underwear drawer is also totally organized - everything folded and in specific order. "Fancy pants" (I hate the word "panties") are on one side of the drawer. "Dear Lord, please don't let me get into an accident and be found in these" are on the other side of the drawer. It's not so much that those underwear are in bad shape or anything, but they are more for practicalilty than show.
Did I just over-share? Yep, I think I did.
But wait, there’s more!
Four jobs I’ve had
1. Waitress at a greasy spoon in college. It was a lot of fun but I was the world’s worst waitress. So bad, in fact, that the regulars would encourage me to study so they didn’t have to worry about me making my living as a waitress.
2. Social services case manager. I cried every night when I got into my car. Far too hard on my emotional well-being.
3. Receptionist at an engineering firm. Thrity-three guys and little, ol me…was a fun way to spend 5 weeks one summer in college.
4. Worked at an electronics store. Unfun way to spend a summer with a bunch of gadgets geeks who were smug about their geekdom.
Four movies I can watch over and over
1. Sixteen Candles (me too, kate!)
2. Bull Durham
3. 50 First Dates
4. A Christmas Story
Four places I have lived
1. Omaha, NE – somewhere in middle America. Most people thought I was nuts to leave CO for college and head to Nebraska. I contend it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Sure, a big part of my decision was because it was home of the College World Series and I love me some baseball (kidding, kind of) but more than anything I love going to Creighton. I still love going back for visits.
2. St. Louis, MO - I was born in the 'Lou.
3. San Antonio, TX - Dad was an Air Force pilot and was stationed there for about a year.
4. Denver, CO - I love to travel but I hope that I always get to call Denver home. I'm a Colorado girl, through and through.
Four TV shows I love
1. The Office – so happy it’s on tonight. Want to marry Jim and make little, witty, crazy-haired babies with him.
2. Dog: The Bounty Hunter -I was just singing the theme song to Barley the other night while I was making dinner.
3. Laguna Beach – My Monday nights just aren’t the same with Stee-phan, LC, Talan, Kristin and the rest of the crew.
4. Sunday nights on ABC – Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Desperate Housewives and Grey’s Anatomy. I consider this one long show because my ass doesn’t get up at all from 7-10pm on Sundays.
Four places I’ve vacationed
1. Barcelona, Spain (The land of my people)
Four of my favorite dishes
1. My mom’s minestrone soup
2. Pasta Barbaresca (God bless Café Jordano)
3. My green chili
4. The donut-espresso dessert at The Oven (YUMMY!)
Four sites I visit a lot
Four places I would rather be right now
1. Curled up in a hammock on a beach in Cozumel
3. The family cabin in Westcliffe
4. At home cooking something with my brand new, drop dead GORGEOUS, 5 quart, metallic chrome Kitchen Aid mixer.