Thursday, December 01, 2005

Leaving on a Jet Plane

"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go..."

Ok, so that's a total lie. My bags are not packed and I'm so not ready to go. My room is in shambles and it looks as though my closet vomited all the clothes out on to my floor.

I'm only going to be gone for four days but I'm taking a suitcase the size of China. I've got five pairs of shoes, not counting the ones I'm wearing on the plane tomorrow, and I can't seem to cut that number. Honestly, it would be like leaving one of my children behind. See the thing is, I need the shoes for all the cute outfits I'm taking. And the cute outfits go with all the fabulous accessories. It's all a vicious, yet well-coordinated, cycle.

To top all of it off, I'm lonesome beause I took Barley to see his Auntie Karen. He wasn't even sad to see me go. He'll be bummed when he finds out that he's got to get some shots while he's there. (Sidebar: Auntie Karen is also Barley's vet, not some random friend who is going to administer vaccinations.) I don't like being home without him. It's too quiet and I miss his little face.

It's 11:16pm right now and I need to be up and out the door at 4:15am so I should go to sleep soon. I guess I'll throw everything into my suitcase, pile-drive it closed and get some rest.

So you kids behave while I'm gone. No parties, no alcohol and certainly no sleepovers. I, on the other hand, plan to break all of these rules and come home with some good stories to share.

Frankly, anything is more exciting than the boot stories of late...

11 comments:

Whinger said...

Oh sad Barley and his vaccinated self. He'll be fine. Auntie Karen's dogs, on the other hand...

JillWrites said...

Safe trip!

dasi said...

Have fun!! Can't wait for your tales of debauchery!!

Miladysa said...

Ohhh exciting!!! Have FUN :)

Kiki said...

Have fun!! I always pack too much too. And it's so sad to say goodbye to your pets!! Whenever I leave Romeo I want to cry!

Kyahgirl said...

Hope you have a good trip!

(your post is very funny, even if you weren't trying to be).

Sass said...

I can't say I'll be good on the no alcohol or partying but at least this weekend I won't have any sleepovers. Teasing.

HAVE A GREAT TIME. Can't wait for your always entertaining stories.

Cheryl said...

Have a safe trip! I can't wait to hear the stories.

BB said...

You're so going to buy even more shoes on your trip, I KNOW it! Have fun

Tim Hillegonds said...

Godspeed friend. Remember, dont take it easy, take it any way you can get it. Holla!

AvR said...

Here' to hoping that you're having a nice time of it. Perhaps it will engender some good stories for the blog when you have returned?