Monday, January 10, 2005

Suggestions

Today is the first day of my blog. Not to be confused with the first day of my life because that's just different. This whole thing has no direction and will probably just be a buffet of observations by me. Perhaps a few deep thoughts, too.

And of course, there will be lists.

I love a good list.

I love a lot of things which I'm sure I'll get into at some point. And we'll probably get into the things I don't love. There will most certainly be talk of baseball, good vodka, dating, lip gloss and the rise and fall of the Roman Empire. What? It could happen because I'm that random. But that's just me, KC.
=========

So I'm on the road a lot for work these days. Most of the time, I really enjoy it. I usually get to go to some great cities and I always go out because when you work for a beer company, there's lots of going out. Anyway, I was on my way to Phoenix yesterday and had a few observations...
1) Do not wear boots that lace half way up your leg when going through security. And if you do, please make them cute and worth the effort.
2) The word "excuse me" had been wiped clean from the America venacular.
3) People stand too close to one another in lines...there is no need to be crawling up my ass while trying to get on the plane.
4) Airport bars are a fantastic place to get hit on by seedy, middle-aged men named Steve who have yet to accept that their hairline really has receeded that much or that marinating in cologne is not a good idea - blech.
5) People get VERY territorial about their armrests on the plane and will jab you with a pointy elbow should you try to share any part of aforementioned armrest.
6) The pretzels on the airplane are alway stale...ALWAYS.
Good news is that I made it AZ and the resort is gorgeous. I felt like Annie when she left Ms. Hannigan's orphanage to live with Daddy Worbucks...remember the scene where she sees his place and starts singing "I think I'm Gonna Like it Here"? Well that was me last night when I walked into the lobby. Only, I sang it in my head as I feared that belting out that tune would draw stares...and not the kind I like.

1 comment:

Kyahgirl said...

Hi! Just read this...on your 1 year anniversary. Congrats!

Laura