Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Jersey Girl

I arrived in New Jersey this afternoon to rain and loads of humidity. Evidently, I'm bound and determined to hit every muggy state this summer. I'm actually kind of tired of traveling these days. I was in a funk this morning as I packed.

I can't believe I have to leave again.
I can't believe my suitcase didn't even make it back to the guestroom closet after last week's trip.
I can't believe I'm changing time zones again this week.

As I stood in my closet I made a decision. I grabbed my favorite black, slinky party top and my wonderful new sandals. I threw them in my suitcase and made a pact that I would take advantage of being so close to NYC.

So tomorrow night, I'm heading to the Big Apple. Not alone, as I'm no idiot. I will have to beg a co-worker to go with me and I'm quite certain nothing earth-shattering will happen but I feel like I need to do it. Life is short and I'm certain my children won't want to hear about the time Mommy sat in a Sheraton doing work until the wee hours of the morning.

4 comments:

BB said...

Have fun! I'd give you some great recommendations as to where to go, but I was always with natives so I never paid attention to the names or locations. But hey, that'll be part of the adventure. Don't do anything I wouldn't do...or anything I would! ;)

Cheryl said...

Yeah, that might not be the best of stories...hey we're humid in Illinois! Come see us...

KC said...

Actually, I think I'll be in Chicago in August. I'll be coming in a day early to take in a Cubbies game and do some shopping on Michigan Ave..where your presence will be requested. :) As I know you love the shopping as I do!

Kiki said...

That's awesome. I would love to be so close to visit NYC. I've never been.