Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Checklist

Things to get done before Christmas:
1) Put up decorations - check
2) Start Christmas shopping - check (actually it's all done thanks to my shopping extravaganza last weekend where my credit card actually hemorrhaged money.)
3) Write Christmas cards - check (even bought the cute Xmas cookie stamps and mailed those bad boys this morning.)
4) Wrap presents - check (Did accidently cut my fingernail with the scissors and am now Stubby McStubberson but the gifts are wrapped so pretty that I'm (semi) ok with the broken nail.)
5) Make fudge, cookies, cupcakes and muffins for co-workers - namely our wonderful admin. without whom I would be a total wreck most days. Doing that tonight. (Bakefest 2005 starts at 6pm at my house so if you want to laugh your ass off, come by and watch me make fudge. I hate the smell (and taste) of chocolate so I make priceless "face of disgust" faces while making the fudge.)

I made this list a few last week when I remembered that I have a week's worth of vacation coming my way starting on the 19th. Since everything will be done by then, I've reworked my list and it goes a little something like this:
1) Sleep in every day as late as I want or as late as Barley will allow.
2) Curl up on the couch and read whatever I want.
3) See a few movies (I might even go by myself which I've never done)
4) Go skiing ( I don't really want to go alone so if anyone is off next week and wants to come to Denver, give me a shout.)
5) Spa day - I want a mani, pedi, parafin and a massage.
6) Slumber party with my sisters, which will include, but not be limited to: shopping, baking, watching the "Sound of Music" and "Elf" and making fun of the way Kelsey drives.

I'll be taking suggestions on anything else to add to the list. I actually only have four days because I leave for Michigan on Thursday afternoon.

6 comments:

Whinger said...

So jealous of the vacation days with nothing to do.

I have abandoned Christmas cards this year in favor of sanity.

So...um...pretend this is in your mailbox:

Merry Christmas!!!

Miladysa said...

Merry Christmas :)

"These are a few of my favourite things ... "

Cheryl said...

I think you've got it covered. I wish I could come visit. There are tons of movies I want to see too!

Merry Christmas!

Marissa said...

Love the new list! :)

Sass said...

Wish I could go skiing with you. The closest I'll get is flying down a sled in Jersey. Ugh, which one would you pick? Maybe early March - I'll be there the details are still being planned.

As I write this you are probably sleeping.

Seeing as I know nothing about Michigan outside of football I can't think of anything to add here.

dasi said...

If Lexie hadn't decided to be sick all week (yes - I am STILL at home with her) I maybe could've used some time to meet you for skiing... Then again, the last time I skied was about 20 years ago, and I wasn't very good at it. Come to think of it, maybe it was because I was 17 and drunk... Either way, enjoy your "Me Time!"