Friday, February 10, 2006

Grievance

***alternative title: Time is NOT on My Side***

It's 3:15pm on a Friday.

I've decided that's the cruelest time ever. It's like the weekend has peeked its head into my office door and said, "Hi, I'm here...but you still have stuff to do so even though you're thinking about me and all the fun we're going to have in the next 48 hours, that fun won't be starting right now. I'll be back in about an hour and 45 minutes." At which point, time slows down to a crawl.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Time did the same thing to me in AP English in high school. But at least there I had my girls to keep me entertained.

Tick.

Tock.

Time is a rat bastard, you know that?

11 comments:

JillWrites said...

If it makes you feel any better, I've got loads of work to catch up on this weekend, and I won't be having any fun at all.

Whinger said...

Where are you, weekend? WHERE?

BB said...

Luckily you have blogs to entertain you a bit! Not quite the same as our passing notes with stick drawings making fun of people, but close.

Okie said...

At least you don't have to work on Saturdays like SOME people. I hate my job.

Sass said...

Lady,
I do indeed hope you've had more fun this weekend than myself. Let me put it this way, I'm sleeping on my couch and my folks are in my bed. And let's not even mention the ex boyfriend who was randomly at the gala tonight. My heads spinning but that may just be the cheap wine.

Sass said...

Back to you and that long hour. It's like waiting for your nails to dry while everyone is talking another language.

Miladysa said...

'rat bastard'! lol Never heard that before, going to really shock my children when I come out with that one! :)

KC said...

I'd like to amend my previous statement of 3:15pm on a Friday being the worst - any time on a Monday may just be worse.
Blech.

Laura said...

goes fast when you want it to slow, trickles by when you want it to hurry. it is an evil thing!

Miss Scarlet said...

Ugh, It's Monday and I'm already hearing the Tick Tick Tick!

Cheryl said...

You're so right. Then when the weekend does come, time goes into hyper-drive and before you know it, it's Monday again.