Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Wondering

Here's a random assortment of thoughts that have run through my mind lately. There's a lot of shit going on in this head of mine...enter at your own risk.

I wonder how many times I've uttered the phrase, "I'll take a vodka tonic, please."

I wonder if getting highlights again would be a good idea or just another way to blow a wad of cash.

I wonder when I'll stop giving credit to people who really don't deserve it.

I wonder why I didn't tell the lady doing my manicure that she missed that spot on my index finger.

I wonder when they'll stop throwing out corporate buzz terms on this loooooooooooooooong conference call.

I wonder how often I use annoying corporate buzz words.

I wonder if that guy at the stop light saw me checking him out last night.

I wonder who thought having Jessica Simpson do a pizza commercial in that outfit was a good idea.

I wonder if I left my straightening iron plugged in this morning.

I wonder when I will get off my ass and take the bag of donations to the Goodwill because it's been sitting on the floor of my guestroom for-effing-ever.

I wonder why some people think it's ok to flat out ignore someone's feelings.

I wonder if I'll ever just go balls-to-the-wall and call them on that shit.

I wonder if the Red Sox will be good to me this year.

I wonder when Josh Jackson will realize that I'm the girl for him and move to Denver already.


I wonder how much longer my car can go without an oil change.

I wonder why Star Jones can get a book deal being that she bugs in such a huge way it makes my hair hurt.

I wonder when Maroon 5 will release another cd because I'm ready already.

I wonder who will teach me how to knit so that I quit making pieces of crap that are supposed to pass as scarves.


I wonder if I will poke out my own eyes with knitting needles before aforementioned person can be found.

I wonder how, when no other women in my family have big boobs, I got stuck with "the twins".

I wonder where I left my sunglasses last week.

I wonder what it would be like if I could just admit how I really feel.

I wonder if my body will be swimsuit ready by the time we got to Vegas, Baby!

I wonder if Ryan Adams' "La Ciegena Just Smiled" will always make me feel so...much.

I wonder what time my new washer and dryer will be delivered on Saturday. (Yeah!)

I wonder when I started getting excited about major appliances.

I wonder why Ashley Parker Angel named his son Lyric.

I wonder why I watch that dumb show.

I wonder if my new bangs are a little too Jordana Brewster a la "Annapolis".


I wonder if Barley is sleeping on my bed right this very minute.

I wonder, I wonder, I wonder...

17 comments:

Cheryl said...

Ug, corporate buzz words are pretty bad. You are so right...such a "team player."

I too have bags for goodwill waiting and waiting to be taken in.

Sass said...

I wonder why James Blunt is so short.

I wonder why my left elbow always cracks.

I wonder what Punky Brewster's parents were like.

I wonder what Willis was really talking about.

I wonder how many times I'll have to listen to my mother tell me I'm a slob when she visits this weekend even though I've spent the entire week on my hands and knees scrubbing.

I wonder why oh dear gawd why I was not born a Hilton.
This is fun.

KC said...

Cheryl - I'm a "team player" who "thinks outside the box" and does her best to "break the paradigm" . :)
Jess - my mom was in town two weeks ago and spent and evening scrubbing the top of my fridge and washing every vase I own by hand because they were "just too dusty to even look at"...I wonder why moms do that.

Whinger said...

I wonder what you would make if you did know how to knit. Probably things akin to what I make...half-finished scarf...almost-done hat...

Okie said...

If you ever do learn how to knit and then if you ever have a son and he plays golf, please resist the temptation to knit him a headcover for his driver. Trust me, he will never live it down.

Sass said...

One more - because I've had a horrible afternoon and come to your blog to cheer up.

I wonder what Missy Elliot says in her songs.

-the deep thoughts just keep on a comin.

Marissa said...

i can teach you how to knit! come back to nyc and we'll do a little knitting session. :)

Miladysa said...

Loved this!!

I wonder why I am emjoying reading blogs so much when I know I should be getting ready for my meeting...

Anisa said...

LOVE THIS!!!

i am right with you.

and, yes, why in the hell did ashley parker angel name his son lyric??

desert boy said...

i wonder how much longer i'm going to walk through life with blinders.

Kyahgirl said...

I wonder why I like your polka dots so much-I"m not a polka dot person.

I don't wonder about Barley. I KNOW he's sleeping on your bed-he's a cat! :-)

JillWrites said...

Sorry, hon, but were there words in this post after that picture of Josh?

KC said...

Whinger - that would still be better than what I've done up to this point.
Okie - I've marked down your request for a full set of headcovers for your drivers. I'm also going to make a few gun coozie for you too.
Sass - deep thoughts are good.
Marissa- you're such a brave girl to volunteer!
Miladysa - Thanks!
Anisa - I knew you would be watching that show too! And just as confused as I am by the name.
Desert boy - I do that too sometimes.
Kyahgirl - the polka dots are too cute NOT to like them. :)
Jill - I can't even begin to tell you all the ways I heart Josh. Between that hair and the scruffy beard I just want to do bad things to him.
Thomas - She's a hottie, isn't she? Too bad the bangs did not make me look just like her.

Just Me said...

you lost me when i saw that pic of josh! ha

My New Blog!

Guinness_Girl said...

I would TOTALLY teach you how to knit if I lived in Denver! Although I can only make scarves and beer coozies. Have you tried the book Stitch 'n' Bitch, by Debbie Stoller? That's how I learned - I highly recommend it.

Love the blog!

Bird On A Line said...

I'd order more gin and tonics if it weren't for my huge adversion to tonic water - YUCK!

KC said...

Angel - isn't he dreamy? *swoon*
Guiness girl - I'll check on that book - thanks for the tip!
Victoria - I love me some tonic water...especially when it has vodka in it. And a big piece of lime. :)