Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Big News

I went to Opening Day yesterday and as usual, it was awesome. It's easily one of my favorite days of the year and this year did not disappoint. The Rockies played well and beat the Phillies (taking a little shine off of their World Series win last fall). The pre-parties were all fun, the weather was gorgeous and I got a little color on my arms and face. I hung out with good friends, had a few beers and delighted in the return of the Boys of Summer.

But that's not the big news.

I spent today running around getting ready for Becki's wedding in Palm Springs next weekend. Maid of Honor dress: secured. Hair: cut and colored. Cute outfits for all of the festivities: laid out in the guest room waiting to be packed. I can't wait to spend 5 days hanging out with some of the coolest people I know...who just happen to be some of my oldest and dearest friends. If the weekend turns out to be anything like the last trip we all took (Vegas in 2006) then it's sure to be filled with tomfoolery and ballyhoo. I can't hardly wait.

But that's not the big news either.

Work is going well and I'm starting to feel less like the village idiot with each passing day. The learning curve is steep and I find myself getting frustrated by how much I don't know but I'm grateful every, single day to have a job. Especially one that I like. I know the feelings of overwhelming stupidity (due to being in a new role and learning a whole 'nother scope of the work) will continue to fade so that's helpful. And I really like the people I work with which is fantastic. Also, I have the world's greatest boss. And no, said boss doesn't read this blog so I'm not kissing up. I just respect the hell out of her and feel lucky to be learning from her. So work, it's going well.

But guess what? That's not the big news either. In fact, that's hardly news at all.

So the big news...it's big.

We're talking 1200 square feet big. With a lovely yard. And high ceilings. And gorgeous hardwood floors. And a charming built-in in the dining room. And a porch swing that is so darling it almost hurts.

We have the inspection on Monday and if all goes well I will be posting an obnoxious number of photos soon thereafter. Keep your fingers crossed around 5:30pm (Mountain time, of course) for good news and not the discovery that it's built on a sacred Indian burial ground. Because that's about the only thing that could ruin my 1906 Craftsman bungalow.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yippppeeeeeeee! can't wait for the housewarming! I'll bring some Sage we can burn to clear the spirits out! We did that in our place because there was a crazy person in our place. Ironically, burning sage is sort of a crazy thing to do.

Anyhooooo, Can't wait to see you and your fabulous hair in Palm Springs!!!!!

Cheryl said...

Picturrrrrrreeeessss!!!!!!!!!! I wanna see!

Enjoy all the news, big, little and otherwise. I'm glad it's good :)

hello haha narf said...

that is big news! congrats!!

Anisa said...

YAY!!! Fingers crossed...

Marissa said...

SOOOOOOOOOO exciting!!!!!!!!!