Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I Swear, It Wasn't My Fault

So I was already to get back on the blogging bandwagon and then my computer just up and died. And then Best Buy held it hostage for two weeks while they alledgedly "fixed it". Only when I picked it up, it was not fixed. And so then there were some angry words and another trip back to Best Buy and we are now up and running. I'd like to go on the record and say that those rat bastards at the Geek Squad will never touch my laptop again. Never. But the good news is that the trusty computer is back! Hoo to the ray!

On to the updates:

Becki's wedding in Palm Springs. Oh. My. Good. God. I'd never been to Palm Springs before but you can bet your sweet ass I'll be back. The hotel where the whole thing went down was absolutely gorgeous. Our whole crazy crew stayed there so each morning we would wake up and have breakfast in our jammies out on the lanai near the pool. When we weren't being the best bridesmaids ever (the brides words, not mine.), we were busy getting manis and pedis, playing in the pool or laughing our asses off. The whole weekend was catered by Chef Tony who whipped up some of the most delicious meals. The ceremony was held at a darling church and was lovely. The reception was poolside and I still can't believe no one fell into the pool while dancing.

Because there was quite a bit of dancing. And the dancing was combined with a bit of wine. And champagne. Because my people know how to do weddings.


In other news, I'm about 2 weeks from closing on the new house. The inspection went well given that the house is more than 100 years old. But it did need a new roof and a few other minor things so the seller's are taking care of all of that prior to closing. Because I am nothing if not a fierce negotiator. I was going to post a bunch of pictures but I'm a bit superstitious and I'm afraid that if I do that, something will go horribly wrong and I wont get the house and then those photos will be a sad reminder of the house I almost had. But because I'm also somewhat of a glutton for punishment....
The green will eventually change but it's fine for now. I sure do love this little bungalow. My heart literally skips a beat everytime I see that porch swing. *sigh*

3 comments:

Beth said...

What a fun wedding it was, and yay for Palm Springs!

So excited for the new house. So. Excited.

Marissa said...

The wedding looks beautiful and SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous setting. And I just love the bungalow too. I can't wait to come and visit :)

The Beck said...

my HUSBAND and I can't wait to see your darling bungalow in June!!!

Thanks for being a pro-MOH!!!