Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Year in Review - 2010

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Traveled to Alaska and love, love, LOVED it. Went white-water rafting which I also loved.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't really make any in 2010. I'll work on some for 2011.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Oh for sure! Karen had baby Finn *swoon*. Amber had the lovely baby Piper. Rosie had baby Brady *more swooning*, Meghan had gorgeous baby Kerry and Blair had sweet baby Emily. My friends make the most beautiful babies.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no.

5. What countries did you visit?
Once again I was only stateside this year. End of year plans to go to Mexico or the Carribean were thwarted when I realized my passport had expired and it would be a while before I could get a new one. A mistake I will never repeat, I promise.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A steady workout routine.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
No date jumps off the calendar for me.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
My promotion in March.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I can't even talk about it. But trust, it was big.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No illnesses but I did manage to pass out at the doctors office, fell off the examination table and went face first into the wall. I awoke with blood all over my face, a huge gash on my nose and two black eyes. And a headache that didn't go away for 8 days. It was sexy and graceful and oh so me.


11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new kitchen. It's dreamy.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
A good friend who went through a horrible divorce and could have turned mean and nasty but held her head high and was all class. And Sandra Bullock...for similar reasons.


13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Aforementioned friend's lousy ex-husband. And Jesse James....for similar reasons.


14. Where did most of your money go?
It's all about the charming 106-year-old bungalow.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Road trip with my sister, Kelsey, in May.


16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Bruno Mars - "Just the Way You Are"


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Depends on the topic. Some things happier, some things much sadder.

b) thinner or fatter? Fatter. Which is one of the things I'm sadder about. *sigh*

c) richer or poorer? Richer. Which is one of the things I'm happier about.


18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercised, traveled for fun, danced, blogged.


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Gotten wrapped around the axel about things over which I had NO control.


20. How did you spend Christmas?
Surrounded by friends and family with yummy food, presents, laughter...and wishing for some damn snow.

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
The only falling I did this year was into that wall at the doctor's office.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
30 Rock, Glee

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No.

24. What was the best book you read?
Loved "Breakfast with Buddha".

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Not sure I made any discoveries but a few that I loved...

One Republic - Secrets (On repeat for a while this year)

Adele - Rollin in the Deep (I can't even tell you how excited I am for her new album)

Katy Perry - Teenage Dream (Pop at it's best)

Cee Lo - Fuck You (Happiest bitter song ever)

Florence + The Machine - Dog Days Are Over (You should hear me belt this one out in the shower. I actually sang into a shampoo bottle one day and I blame this song for that fact.)

Kanye West - Power (I can run for days when I hear this song)

Jay-Z - Empire State of Mind (Jigga man, I love you so. Way to give Frank a run for his money on NYC's anthem.)

Paramore - The Only Exception (I cried the first time I heard it. Some songs just hit you that way)

Scala & Kolacny Brothers - Creep (May be one of my favorite covers ever.)

26. What did you want and get?
My lovely kitchen, new pots and pans for lovely kitchen.

27. What did you want and not get?
Clive Owen with a vodka neat.


28. What was your favorite film of this year?
I loved "Easy A" as it reminded me of the great teen angst movies of the 80's. And Black Swan, though entirely disturbing, was amazing. (To be fair, I didn't see a ton of movies so if you're wondering where "Inception", "Toy Story 3", "Social Network", etc, etc are on this list, I never got around to seeing them.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?Dinner at Lola's with friends where I allegedly flirted with some guy. But clearly that did not happen as I turned 34 and that is far too old to be flirting with random guys.


30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A long beach-y vacation.


31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Too old for the juniors section but too young for misses. Stuck with my standards - GAP, Anthropology, Nordstrom, J. Crew.

32. What kept you sane?
Not sure this was the year for sanity but...I'd say taking the Brown dog for long walks, yoga, laughing with old friends.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Ok, so I saw "Love and Other Drugs" and while the movie was lacking for me, Jake Gyllenhaal was quite enjoyable to look at for two hours. And he's nekkid a lot of the time. Yowza.


34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The oil spill in the Gulf. What a disgusting display of politics, power, money and total lack of concern for the environment.


35. Who did you miss?
Uncle Brad. It's been 4 1/2 years since he died and I still miss him every single day.

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Is it possible for someone to be the best and the worst at the same time? Because he was.


37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Hoping things will fix themselves is utterly idiotic.


38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Don't need another perfect line
Don't care if critics never jump in line
I'm gonna give all my secrets away

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I hope 2011 is your best year yet! Love, Sparrow

Beth said...

Still proud of your promotion, but new kitchens are achievements extraordinaire. Go you.