Sunday, January 08, 2006

A Saint Disguised as a Blog Designer

I’ve never really thought of myself as high-maintenance but now I know the ugly truth. *sigh*

I contacted Ginger last week about a little facelift for my blog. I’d grown tired of the template I had and I loved the work she’d done for other people so I sent her an email. Just as I’d heard, she was friendly and very quick to begin work on my blog. She sent me an emailing asking what I had in mind for colors, themes, images, etc and I quickly replied with the ideas I’d come up with. In less than 24 hours, she sent me exactly what I’d asked for. I opened it up and decided that maybe we could change just a few small things. A "few small changes” later and I’d changed everything.

Bless her patient heart because she worked with me on every dumb little thing I changed. Basically, it would be the equivalent of arranging furniture in a room and having someone not only say, “Um, maybe we should put the couch back over there…” but also saying, “Um, you know what? I know you’ve moved that couch sixteen times, but I think I want a different couch. And let’s put a hardwood floor in that room too! Oh, and if we could just repaint that one wall, well that would just be great!”

In the end, she somehow managed to keep her sanity and create a fabulous new look for Just Me. And I just love it.


So Ginger, thank you so much for doing such a wonderful job and for never making me feel like I was being the biggest pain in the ass...even though I probably was. :)

16 comments:

ginger said...

You were awesome! I promise! I'm very happy with the final outcome... the changes (and there weren't THAT many --I swear!) were all worth it!

Yay! Thanks for being great to work with!

Sass said...

Good work Ginger. It looks great.

Clean, classy, fun, and has a lot of personal style. Just as I imagine KC is.

BB said...

Soooo cute! Sooooo jealous!!!

Okie said...

Is that your dog? If so, what breed is it? I've often wondered how people get their blogs all jazzed up like that. Now I know.

KC said...

Okie -
Yep, that's Barley. No clue what breed he is - he's a pound puppy. But isn't he the cutest damn thing ever? I'm might be a bit partial...

Amber said...

I also love the template. Very much. Especially the picture of the "sled dog" back when he would be unable to pull you over the side of a cliff when he decided to chase...wait for it... a rock. Ha. Anyway, looks great!

Cheryl said...

I love it! It's awesome!

Minnesota Nice said...

I might have to go to Ginger, this template is too cool.

Tim Hillegonds said...

Lookin good!!

Anisa said...

i love it! i was high maintenance when it came to my design too...ginger's so easy to work with!!!

Whinger said...

Oh that Barley's just so cute.

JillWrites said...

It's adorable!

dasi said...

Verrrry impressive! And apparently very YOU!! ;)

Kyahgirl said...

I like the new look! :-)

Marissa said...

I LOVE it soooooooooo much!! Isn't Ginger the best?!

Miladysa said...

It is absolutely fabulous!!!

Love it! :)