Tuesday, January 10, 2006

365...and Big Pimpin last night

Just Me turns 1 today! If you're interested, it all started here.

It is officially the longest commitment I've made in quite some time. So anyone who has ever said that I have commitment issues has now been proven wrong. Heh.

I think the one year anniversary is paper so I decided to print off the last twelve months and put it all in a three ring binder. You know, just in case the internet becomes obsolete.

=====


In other news, I had a hot date last night...with Amber.

Around 4pm yesterday, one of our VP's called me and offered me his tickets to the Avs game. Never being one to pass up tickets, I graciously accepted his offer and called Amber to tell her she was coming with me. We arrived at the Pepsi Center and grabbed drinks and food before heading to our seats...which were directly behind the Avs bench.

I'd like to say that Amber and I were totally cool when we saw our seats but that would be a lie and as I've said before, this blog is a bullsh*t-free zone. I'd like to say that we did not make any lewd comments with regard to Dan Hinote and Karlis Skrastins. I'd like to say that we didn't giggle like school girls every time one of them looked at us. I'd like to say that we saw the game but really, every time the guys stood up it was impossible to see the ice. I'd like to say all of that but again, my stupid b.s.-free rule is preventing me from it. *sigh*

We called friends and family and told them to turn on the game...not for sake of the game, but to see us. We sent people text messages so they could see where we were sitting. We were so not cool.

At one point, I looked at the bench and saw the name on the back of one of the jerseys was Boughner. You can imagine the fun we had with that one. (see below...) We decided his first name was Bob. Yep, Bob Boughner sounded hilarious after a stiff cocktail.

There were some fights on the ice and I must say, they're much more vicious when you're only five feet away from them. We laughed at the guy from my marketing department who was sitting behind us. He was on a date and was trying desperately to impress this girl with stories of his job and Budapest. We decided she was exponentially hotter than he and only with him because he got good tickets to stuff.

Overall, it was a great way to spend a Monday night. And be sure to check out Amber's recap once it's up...I'm sure she'll have details that I left out.

=====

And finally, I have another date tonight, though it's not with Amber.

Mr. Normal has continued to be normal *gasp* and great guy. I like hanging out with him and he makes me laugh. He's even volunteered to help me with a home improvement project this weekend...and when I say "help me" I really mean "do it all for me while I hand him tools". He's agreed to do the project for a small fee: my green chili and some cold beer. I make some killer green chili and have easy access to beer so I can work with that kind of payment plan.

8 comments:

Scott said...

Nice seats, some Canadians would kill for them haha.

My sister's best friend's Brother in law is Bob Boughner...haha. I have been to his place to jet ski, very nice guy with a funny ass name. Guess he had to get tough by playing hockey to survive.

Scott

Amber said...

Recap UP -- and also? Boughner's real name IS Bob -- I totally didn't make that up.

Dude -- best. Day. EVER!!! Topped only by our upcoming trip to Budapeschhhhhhhhccccttt. HA!!

Whinger said...

Excellent. Nice AND handy?

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday to your blog! I was wondering about Mr. Normal and I am so excited for you!

JillWrites said...

Happy Birthday, little blog! So the redesign was really her new birthday outfit? Way to go, Mr. Normal! Normal and useful!

Sass said...

Green chili? Sounds like my cooking.
ssssssssss :~

Good to read of such fun times. Golfing on Friday and Hockey on Monday? Frat guys across the country are applying for your job.

BB said...

Happy Blog-Day!!!

Kyahgirl said...

Happy Birthday to your blog-that's great.
I am so jealous of your hockey tickets-does that make me sick? No, just a fan.
And, last by not least, yay for another date with Mr. Normal. He sounds nice (and normal). Very encouraging.