Friday, March 03, 2006

Get Away

I’ve been making the checklist in my head as I prepare to leave work early today.

The mini shampoo and conditioner are sitting on the counter in my bathroom next to my make-up bag. I dug through my collection of fleece (no one in Colorado owns fewer than three fleece items) and grabbed my tangerine hoodie and grey vest – both are going with me this weekend. My hiking boots are sitting next to the stairs so I won’t forget them. My knit cap, mittens, scarf and wool socks are already tucked into my bag and ready to go. Cameras (both film and digital) are ready for action. Barley’s backpack (yes, my dog has a backpack) is loaded with his bowls, food, treats, and leash. I’ve burned a few new cds because everyone knows you need a few mixes when you take a road trip…even if it’s only a two and half hour drive. There will be a quick stop at the grocery store and then we’re off on the weekend get away.

Though you can’t see me, trust me when I tell you I’m smiling.

7 comments:

Sandra Dee said...

I love road trips! Have fun!

heatherfeather said...

i feel like a loser - i have zero fleece items... sigh...

have a great trip!

Cheryl said...

Have fun! Tell us about it when you get back!

BB said...

Have fun! Who is "We"? cha cha cha...

Marissa said...

yay!! what a WONDERFUL weekend! have fun :)

Miladysa said...

I have got to have a backpack for Spartacus and Ghengis now!

Enjoy :)

KC said...

Miladysa - Barley doesn't actually wear the backpack, he just has his own for all of his stuff. He, like his mother, does not travel lightly. :)