Tuesday, June 19, 2007

If This Blog were McDonalds, She'd be the Hamburglar

I have this blog because I like to write. I never said I was any good at it and I never said that every post was a literary masterpiece. I never said I was a writer...I'm just a girl who likes to write.

That being said, I always get a kick when I see someone has been reading a lot of my posts in one sitting. When that happens I often wonder if they're just really bored or if they actually like what they're reading.

I was checking Sitemeter today as I'm known to do rather frequently because dammit, if people are gonna lurk I want to at least know where they are and what posts their reading. (Yes, I realize this makes me 8 shades of lame but I'm ok with that.) A craptastic thing happened today when I was checking out Sitemeter. It took me to a blog with several posts that I'd seen before - ON MY BLOG.

I had several reactions to this discovery.
Reaction 1 - "What the fu*k?!"
Reaction 2 - "Why didn't this theiving ho steal from a REAL writer instead of me?"
Reaction 3 - "Well, they do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery..."
Reaction 4 - "Screw that last diplomatic reaction. This girl is passing off my writing as her own - typos and all."
Reaction 5 - "Ok Kendra, find your happy place. Perhaps she was fresh out of ideas of her own and she merely wanted to borrow a few of yours."
Reaction 6 - "Help the girl out with her next post."

And so for the Blogging Bandit I've put together a few words you are free to use as your own...

I am lame and the only creativity I have is held in my ability to cut and paste.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should leave that comment on her site. one bigass long comment.

oh, and for the record, when i found your blog (a link from whinger maybe?) i enjoyed your writings so much that i went back through your archives. sure, i had some time to kill, but i loved actually liked what i read. i just really love your writing style and was curious what else you had to say. i'm glad i went back and read everything. great stuff!

p.s. the theiving ho DID steal from a real writer...just because you enjoy writing & don't do it for a living doesn't make you any less wonderful.

Anonymous said...

damn...what i meant to write was that i "loved what i read." when i first typed it i typed "actually liked" and decided to change it to "loved" so what came out was "loved actually liked" as though i forgot a comma and didn't really love your writings. damn, damn, damn. hope you know what i am trying to explain. entirely too early in the a.m.
i need coffee.
lol

Anisa said...

you are freaking kidding me. i would be LIVID.

Woodrow said...

Awesome. We can have SO much with this. You need to provide us with a link. Pretty Please.

Cheryl said...

HAHA! I mean that last sentence of course. There is NOTHING funny about plagiarism. Nothing.

Amber said...

Woodrow is SO RIGHT. NEED LINK.

Marissa said...

I love it. Love it. I hope she is saying those words to herself right now because they are absolutely ACCURATE. I cannot get over this girl!!!!!!!!