Sunday, May 10, 2009

I'm Living in a Box. I'm Living in a Cardboard Box.

I'm living in squalor. And I don't care for it.

I close on the new house this coming Friday, take possession the following Monday and move Saturday May 23rd. My townhouse is filled with boxes and I find myself tripping over them on a regular basis.; it's making me crazy. I jammed my shin into a box last night as I was getting ready to go out and I let forth a stream of profanities so loudly that it actually made Barley run out of the room. The state of constant disorganization is getting to me. I tried for a little while today to stack and organize the boxes and it seems to help a little but I'm going to have to just suck it up and deal with the mess for 2 more weeks. There's a nearly a week between possession and move-in so that will give me enough time to paint and do a few other small projects before we get all of the furniture in. The seller's actually painted recently but I do not share their love of pastel walls so I picked paint colors and have recruited a few awesome friends and my two lovely sisters to help with Paintfest '09.

It's sort of hard for me to believe I'm actually going to be moving. You would think that all of the boxes I was just complaining about would be a clue for me but it all seems a bit surreal. I think it's because I've wanted this for so long. It took me a while to get myself together to be able to do it and now that it's actually happening, it doesn't seem real. I have to give props to my dear friend Karen, who during dinner one night last fall while I was again talking about finding a house interupted me and said, "Ok, then just do it already." I sat there for a minute a bit slack-jawed because she was so blunt about it. And then she reminded me that this is the one thing I've consistently talked about for the last five years. I sat there for a moment realizing that she was totally right (as Karen usually is) and decided at that very moment that I was going to buy a house. I'd set the goal of finding a place and being moved in by June 1, 2009. I will beat that goal by 8 whole days. Go me! Anyway, a huge thanks for Karen for giving me that gigantic kick in the ass that I needed.

Ok, I've been packing and organizing non-stop...but on my few short breaks I've been downloading new music and checking the gossip sites. I came across this on Perez the other day and fell in love with it. I dare you not to like it.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

It will all be worth it once you move in, I promise! Hang in there.

Beth said...

Even though living with boxes sucks, there are few things as fun as unpacking them into your new house.