Thursday, August 10, 2006

Mojo Rising

You know who's en fuego right now?

Me.

Evidently, 30 really agrees with me and the men-folk have noticed.

Seriously, I don't know what's up but let's just review the events of the day...

Scene 1 - As I stood in line to get my grande, non-fat chai latte this morning a handsome gentleman chatted me up. He was charming and funny and even bought my coffee for me. This is the third time I've seen him at my Starbucks but this was the first time we've spoken. I also dig him because he drinks drip and not some froofy, girlie non-fat chai latte. I sure enjoyed watching him walk to his car with the newspaper tucked under his arm. *sigh*

Scene 2 - I received a very sweet voicemail today from an old friend. Did I mention how enjoyable it is to look at this old friend? No? Well it is. Did I mention his super-hot accent? *double sigh* Did I mention that his voicemail said he'd been thinking about me alot lately? *sigh quebed*

Scene 3 - I ran into the grocery store on my way home from work today. I was standing next to the cooler looking for the feta cheese when I dropped my cell phone. The battery went one direction and the phone went the other direction. I reached down to grab the battery and when I stood up a rather attractive (and entirely too young) guy was holding my phone. He smiled as he handed me my phone. I smiled back as I noticed his t-shirt which celebrated Sig Ep Rush - 2004. Yeah, WAY too young. As I walked to my car he drove by in his truck and waved. I tried to ignore the fact that it was entirely possible that I could be TEN YEARS OLDER than him and simply enjoyed his backward hat and boyish grin.

Scene 4 - Last but certainly not least...
Oh, dear Lord, he's back. He sent me an email today letting me know that he's going to be in town next month. The tone of the email was flirtatous, as usual. He suggested drinks...a belated birthday thing. (If there was ever a possibility of the return of the Drunk Kissing Bandit, this would be it...)

I think this is all a sign that I need to start dating again. I'd been on a bit hiatus this summer after the last dating debacle but perhaps the fall will have a plentiful harvest...as Rosie and Meghan would say.

9 comments:

Sandra Dee said...

Yay for getting back out there! You deserve to have a little fun flirting and the like -- even if it is with the Sig Ep dude! ;)

Anonymous said...

my aunt is a firm believer that women are their most attractive when they are in their 30s. and everyone says women reach their sexual peak. yay, you!

Anonymous said...

i meant reach their sexual peak sometime in their 30s. (damn work interruptions causing me to screw up my blog comments...ugggh)

regardless, you have lots to look forward to. enjoy!

Amber said...

I'm really excited for the return of the Drunk Kissing Bandit with this particular visitor. You're a grown up now, and sometimes grown ups need to take some much-needed risks. This is one of those times. : )

Anonymous said...

It's like Back to School time....but with sex.

Word verification is TOTALLY "fmdfuag" which is ALMOST "fuego."

Marissa said...

Im in agreement! The signs are galore -- go for it, girly!

BB said...

It's raining men! Hallaleuja it's raining men! Again!!!

Cheryl said...

Hell yeah! I wish I had those kinds of days. Go Kendra.

Bird On A Line said...

You go, girl!!!