Monday, October 05, 2009

You Can Go Ahead and Have My Picture Removed from the Back of the Milk Carton

So my goal to start writing more sort of...um...failed miserably. I've got a lot to say but just haven't been able to sit down and write. I've been feeling out of sorts lately because the insomnia hit again. Actually, it bitch-slapped me, kicked me in the shins, squirted lemon juice in my eyes and gave me four hojillion paper cuts...under my finger nails. I have to say that I wouldn't wish insomnia on anyone. Not on that girl who in 7th grade said I was the "ugliest girl in the school and a total dork". Not on the annoying guy at my Starbucks who rolls his R's when he serves me my grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrande chai latte. And not even on Diane Kruger who spends her nights snuggled up next to MY Josh Jackson. (Gimme a second to poke that image out of my minds eye.) So I'm working on the problem but in the meantime it sucks. I bought a new bed over the weekend and slept in it last night and slept for 7 hours. SEVEN WHOLE HOURS. In one night. There have been several days when I haven't gotten a total of seven hours of sleep so to get them in one night was a little slice of heaven. I'm hoping it continues tonight. Keep your fingers crossed, won't you?

Then there was also the little matter of trying to do some work on a couple of very important relationships in my life. And while I'm not ready to go into all of that just yet, I will say that it's been exhausting. I mean that in a good way because things are a lot better now but getting to the better place has been a long journey.

So to recap:
Insomnia = sucky.
Personal growth = ass-kicking, pride-swallowing and yet totally necessary experience.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Agreed on both counts. Glad you're getting some sleep once more.

Anisa said...

Sending you a hug!